Getting Ready to Develop HTML5 Games with Phaser and TypeScript
Emanuele Feronato has taken his years of Phaser experience and created a brand new book: Getting Ready to Develop HTML5 Games with Phaser and TypeScript.
Have you always thought about starting to develop HTML5 games using Phaser and TypeScript but it seemed too difficult?
Do terms like Node.js, webpack and web server scare you?
From the experience of more than 500 tutorials about Phaser, I am covering these topics:
- What is Node.js?
- What is npm?
- Do I have Node.js and npm installed?
- How to install Node.js and npm
- What to do once you have Node.js installed
- A web page that just won't work locally
- What is CORS policy?
- What is a web server?
- Your first Node.js web server
- A web server able to launch a page
- A web server able to launch more pages
- A web server just working fine
- Running a Phaser example locally with Node.js web server
- What is Visual Studio Code?
- Configure Visual Studio Code to build HTML5 games with Phaser
- What is webpack?
- How to install webpack
- Installing useful webpack plugins
- What is live reloading?
- Create a webpack configuration file for development
- Create a webpack configuration file for distribution
- What is TypeScript?
- How to install TypeScript
Each and every step is explained in depth with pictures and source code examples, which are also included in a folder.
By the end of this minibook, you will be able to turn your computer into a HTML5 development workstation