Phaser CE is the Community Edition. Read what this means and how it differs from v2.
The current version is 2.8.1 released on 20th June 2017.
You can also download this version from npm. Need more details? Follow this tutorial.
npm install [email protected]
Which version should I download?
Familiar with git? Use the "clone" link to get the whole repo. The "js" and "min.js" links download pre-built versions of Phaser with all modules enabled (see Creating a Custom Phaser Build). The zip and tar links download an archive of the repository. If you're just doing a quick test then it's safe to grab the js files. However there are lots of extras included in the repository worth having such as Project Templates and API docs.
What's New in 2.8.1?
Version 2.8.1 - 20th June 2017
- Debug#camera shows the camera follow target and deadzone.
- Debug#renderer prints some useful properties of the game renderer. In WebGL mode, this includes draw counts, texture space limit, and texture batch size.
- Point#setToPolar places a Point from polar coordinates (angle and distance). You can use it to set velocity or acceleration (as
velocity.setToPolar(angle, speed)), as many of the Arcade Physics helpers now do.
- Arcade.Body#blocked.none describes whether a Body is blocked on any edge.
blockedand touching now have identical keys.
- Arcade.Body#stop halts all motion.
- Emitter#count records some diagnostic quantities:
- Group#shuffle orders children randomly.
- PIXI.Sprite.defaultAnchor holds the initial anchor values for new Sprites (default: [x=0, y=0]).
- Phaser.Math.HALF_PI is π / 2.
- Added PIXI.canUseNewCanvasBlendModes to support Particle Storm Plugin (photonstorm/phaser#2909). It's equivalent to Phaser.Device.canUseMultiply.
- Debug#cameraInfo now displays the follow target (
- Debug#isDisabled is now defined in two additional cases:
truewhen a new game is created with
enableDebug: false; and
falseotherwise. As before, it is
truewhen Phaser is built without the Debug class.
- ScaleManager#forceOrientation warns if you try to force both orientations.
- WebGLRenderer#setTexturePriority warns if
- Documented an undocumented feature of Phaser.Signal: returning
falsefrom a callback stops Signal propagation, just as Signal#halt does (#243).
- Fixed WebGLRenderer#setTexturePriority not clearing the current batch.
- Fixed incorrect
worldRotationfor some objects (#259).
NaNvalue for some objects'
worldTransformwas still correct.
- Fixed Phaser.Input#hitTest when texture resolution ≠ 1.
- Fixed an incorrect area in Phaser.Input#hitTest when a Creature is reversed on either axis.
- Fixed camera shake failing to be reset to 0 when camera is reset.
- Added some missing TypeScript return values (#255).
- Fixed typo for TypeScript definition of
@andrewjb123, @dhashvir, @Formic, @jbpuryear, @noidexe, @pavle-goloskokovic, @photonstorm, @rgk, @samme, stupot