Add the full power of Box2D Physics to your Phaser 2 games
- User Friendly API
- Fully Documented
- Getting Started Guide
- 90 Code Examples
- Ropes, Springs, Joints and More
- For Phaser 2 / CE only
Box2D is a feature-rich 2D physics system used by thousands of hit games.
This plugin opens-up the power of Box2D directly within Phaser. It has the same user-friendly approach to its API that the rest of Phaser does, making integration and game development a breeze.
Development of the plugin was lead by Box2D experts iForce2D - the company responsible for the excellent Box2D visual editor R.U.B.E.
TypeScript: Please note that the current version of this plugin does not include TypeScript definitions.
Your Purchase Includes
- Getting Started Guide - You'll be coding in next to no time.
- 90 Code Examples - From games to core mechanics. View them online.
- API Documentation and Box2D User Manual
- Free Upgrades
- License free - Use it in commercial games
- Ready built and minified source files + grunt scripts
- Delivered via immediate download
If you are a more experienced developer, or have used Box2D in the past, then we also offer a Standard version of the plugin. This is identical to the Premium Plugin listed above except that it comes with 40 code examples instead of 90 and is cheaper.
Try it out
We have put 40 Box2D examples on this site.
Run them, play with them and edit the code to get a feel for how it all works.
As with Phaser itself we tend to find that developers learn best by looking at real source-code examples. So we created 90 of them to give you the best head start possible. They cover sample game mechanics including: vehicles, springs, pinball, 'Angry Birds' style sling shots, tilemaps, bullets and raycasting.
We also covered all of the core Box2D features with multiple examples. From motor joints and world querying to ropes, bridges, edge chains and cranks.
Box2D Collision Features
- Continuous collision detection
- Contact callbacks: begin, end, pre-solve, post-solve
- Convex polygons and circles.
- Multiple shapes per body
- One-shot contact manifolds
- Dynamic tree broadphase
- Efficient pair management
- Fast broadphase AABB queries
- Collision groups and categories
Box2D Physics Features
- Continuous physics with time of impact solver
- Persistent body-joint-contact graph
- Island solution and sleep management
- Contact, friction, and restitution
- Stable stacking with a linear-time solver
- Revolute, prismatic, distance, pulley, gear, mouse joint, and other joint types
- Joint limits, motors, and friction
- Momentum decoupled position correction
If you are a more experienced developer, or have used Box2D in the past, then we also offer a Standard version of the plugin. This is identical to the Premium Plugin listed above except that it comes with 40 code examples instead of 90: