Playing games is fun, but making your own games is even better.
- Build a 2D platformer from scratch
- Updated for Phaser 3.55
- By Thomas Palef
- 110 Pages
- Make your games Mobile Friendly
- Tilemaps, Sprites and Game Juice
- Over 1300 copies sold!
1) Build a 2D platformer from scratch. When finished the game is going to be full featured: player, enemies, menu, animations, sounds, tilemaps, mobile friendly, and much more.
2) Give you all the knowledge needed to build your own 2D games. For example a retro point & click, a clever puzzle game, an original platformer... it's completely up to you!
So by the end of this book you will have a real game to play with and enough knowledge to build your own games.
Who is this for?
Table of content
The 100+ pages ebook is split into nine chapters:
- Get started (setup Phaser, code structure)
- Core mechanics (sprite, keyboard inputs, physics, text, etc.)
- Scenes (load scene, menu scene, play scene)
- Juicify (sounds, tweens, particle effects, etc.)
- Improvements (best score, custom fonts, mute button, etc.)
- Tilemaps (tilesets, tilemaps, Tiled)
- Mobile friendly (scaling, touch inputs, device orientation, etc.)
- Next steps (game ideas, tips to create your own games)
Note that when the book gets updated with new content, all existing customers get the new version for free.