A full-featured open source Tetris clone to learn from.
Jerorx posted to the Phaser Forum: "I discovered Phaser about a month ago and I decided to make a Tetris clone to explore the engine. Tetris' gameplay doesn't necessarily call for using a full-fledged game engine, but I tried to cram in as many relevant functionalities as I could for practice, and all that combined might make for an interesting example for other Phaser users. It includes:
- Changing the controls of the game
- Sound effects and music, which can be turned on/off using the relevant button, and are interrupted on the pause screen
- Tweens to animate the clearing and collapsing of lines
- A loop to manage the fall of the tetromino, which accelerates as you complete more lines
- A leaderboard served by a PHP back end to keep track of the scores of the players
- Text using bitmapfonts
- Plus the necessary basics such as imput management and rendering the sprites"