Part 1 of a tutorial on creating a common Phaser template that you can re-use across all of your projects.
The goal of this tutorial is to help you create a Phaser template that you will be able to reuse and extend in any future project you work on. The benefit of having a template is that it is a good starting point for your game, and it can save you a lot of time when you are setting up your game.
This template will include the following scenes:
- Boot – the first scene that is loaded by Phaser, and it will load the assets that are required in the preloader scene.
- Preloader – displays a logo, a progress bar, and loads all of the assets that are needed in the game.
- Title – the title screen of our game, and it displays buttons to start the game, view credits, and modify options.
- Options – will contain any settings you want players to be able to modify in your game (example: mute audio).
- Credits – credits for your game.
- Game – contains the main logic for your game.