The tutorial continues, adding spikes, death and more features to the game.
Emanuele Feronato continues his tutorial series on re-creating the game Mike Dangers. In this part he adds spikes, death and more features:
"Since previous step, several features have been added, and a bug was fixed. Let’s see what changed:
- Each floor now contains one or two deadly spikes, which use object pooling to be placed on the screen
- Some code has been changed to have more than a diamond on each floor, exactly as for the spikes
- Ladders now are randomly placed on the floors
- The entire routine which handles a floor when it “falls down” has been rewritten
- Spikes are deadly and if the player touches a spike, it’s game over with a “fall down the tower” animation
- The bug having sometimes a floor with two stairs and another floor with no stairs has been fixed
- The game now covers the entire screen area if played on portrait devices or windows"